Retro Video Games Corner: A Bug’s Life
· Dominic Aveiro
I hate this game. ‘Hate’, is a term thrown about very loosely nowadays but this monstrosity absolutely deserves it. This is actually the first game that made me question the existence of God, prompting me to lift my head to the heavens and cry out, “Why don’t you love me?!” As I take a gulp, with a tear running down my cheek, I lift up my PlayStation One controller and realise it’s time to revisit ‘A Bug’s Life’.
Do not be fooled by Disney’s colourful, kid-friendly image. They may produce films that cause your heart to melt like butter in a microwave, but they also make video games. This is where I draw the line with this seemingly cuddly organisation. Granted, there are some good Disney games, but ‘A Bug’s Life’ is not one of them. As soon as the game begins, you are intoxicated with mediocre graphics, terrible music and gameplay that makes you want to pull your own hair out. I know I’m supposed to help this ant colony collect food so they aren’t crushed by deadly grasshoppers, but I find myself doing everything incorrectly so that they are all horrendously murdered.
Karma hurts, eh Disney?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment on this article but please bear in mind that all comments will be moderated and any racist, homophobic, condescending or otherwise inappropriate comments, as reviewed by the moderators, will not be published.